CURRENT LOCATION:

Cuba, Al. 5:30pm

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Departure Day is finally here!

Time to get this blog started since today is the official departure day of the Roadie. Insomnia kicked in around 2am this morning and it is now 5am. Not good for someone destined to hit the road at 5pm with no plans to stop until Albuquerque sometime on Monday. Hope I can fit in a nap sometime today between packing my suitcase....need to start on that....picking up the "Man"i Van, packing the "Man"i Van, picking up the Cuz, and picking up the Bro. Hope one of them is getting some good sleep right now.

Since half the "Man"i will be decorated in Alabama decor while half the "Man"i will be decorated in Texas decor, I spent the better part of yesterday looking for a Texas car flag. Not any easy thing to do in Alabama. I'll actually describe it as impossible. Did finally find some orange windshield chalk. I also saw a lady fall down the down escalator in the mall. Still trying to figure out the physics involved there. She was about a quarter way to the bottom and "bloop". Since blood makes me puke, I just ate my Waffle fries and let Security handle it. I think she just cut the back of her head......I know falling forward and cut the back of her head? The physics here are baffling. They wrapped her head up like that drummer or flute player from the old Revolutionary War picture and she was conscious. Hope she is okay and I'll advise her to take the elevator next time. Falling down a down escalator...pretty amazing!

Gotta figure out this blogging thing too....this page looks like crap!

More updates coming soon.....

4 comments:

  1. first night for mommy to get the kids in the bed without daddy....check. I'm sleepy and ready for bed.....check. Henley asking "what kind of hat was Mark wearing?" right before tucking her in....priceless!

    Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    You have got to be the biggest kid I know. How fun to be going on a trip across the country with your bro and cuz. (that use to take trips on a boat?? need that update from you or should I even ask)I know many people having a fit about not being able to make the trip to see the big game - you are making it happen. The left behind wanabees can eat their hearts out!! Have a great time and be safe big guy.

    Love ya,
    Crystal Lent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you need a Texas flag, who's for Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy the sunset over the Canyon...watch for the Condors. They are quite a sight.

    Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete