CURRENT LOCATION:

Cuba, Al. 5:30pm

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whoooooooops.......


Earlier this morning a sign for Indian Tacos caused us to pull off in Laguna, New Mexico.....can you blame us? So we make our way to the Indian Art Center where they make Indian Tacos, but they didn't have any yet so we bought a Fry Bread instead....similar to a funnel cake. Anyway, the Bro and the Cuz went up to a gas station and I stuck around while they were making the Fry Bread to take some pictures. The boys came back and we quickly jumped into the van because it was so cold. Unfortunately, I left my camera bag with contained my zoom lens, memory cards, battery charger, etc....on the brick wall above. You might even be able to see them in the picture. When did I realize this.....300 miles and 4 hours later!!! Luckily technology has caught up with stupidity and I was able to somehow find a phone number to a flower shop across the street from the Art Center. The owner went across the street and found my bag and is going to UPS my bag to Alabama for me. BIG SHOUT OUT to Shayai, the owner of Desert Flower in Laguna, NM. www.desertflowerlaguna.com. She is also listed on Facebook. Everyone go be a Fan of Shayai and Desert Flower. If you need southwestern flowers or decor for your home, place an order on her website.

We are now heading north on 180 out of Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon. Chances are technology is not advanced enough to keep us online through the National Forest we are about to enter. More updates and photos tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You really can see the bag. Glad that it was recovered for you. Be safe and stay warm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say anything for my jaw hitting the floor...you are one lucky man!!

    ReplyDelete